среда, 18 ноября 2009 г.

Traffic jams


One of the worst things in driving is a traffic jams. Fortunately, I have never experienced a true traffic jam here in Estonia. The longest time I spent in it was about 10 minutes. But when I travelled to Milano I got to one. I dont remember exactly how much time I spent there but remember that it was tiresome. Especially counting a hot climate in Italy.
The reason of a traffic jams is a big amount of a cars driving on one road. An amount of a cars depends on a population in the city. Estonia does not have so largely populated citys for occuring a jams in them. In this sense Tallinn is more lucky than megacities. But there are still some ways to avoid or decrease. There must be more connected to each other roads. All the roads in the city must be as wide as its possible. Of course the reason is also in people. They could use more public transport or even bikes. But I dont say "no" to the cars. In my view that technological development will soon make traffic jams less serious problem than it is now by inventing for example underground highways.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий